2014年2月22日星期六

Batteries Are Not Created Equal

Once in the air of a long flight, the attendant informs the passengers that the "use of electronic devices is no longer prohibited". To pass the time, I decide to pull out my laptop to finish off some work. Normally, I like to use flights for catching up on some sleep, but today I wasn't feeling very tired. Relying on my laptop battery, that was fully charged the night before, I proceed to catch up on some overdue business. In this midst of one of my many thoughts, something far more tragic than an oxygen mask falling down happens... or at least more tragic at that moment... my laptop battery dies.

My first reaction was to look around for the nearest outlet, only to remember that I am on an airplane and airplanes do not have outlets. I try to reboot, hoping that it was simply a glitch of some sort, but no such luck. Now what? I am left staring at a blank screen with a powerless laptop. As I browse about the cabin, I notice that there are many other businessmen continuing to work on their laptops. One man in particular is using a similar laptop -- a model close to the powerless thing sitting in front of me. Why has his battery lasted longer than mine? Surely we have the same brand of battery, and I am pretty sure that mine is practically new. I sit there for a moment looking around with a baffled and confused look on my face. Now, I am left to endure the rest of this flight thinking of how I could have prevented this.

Of course I do realize that it was not the end of the world. My battery dying did not cause any serious damage. None the less, I was reminded of an important lesson. Always be prepared! One never knows what could happen next, so it is always good to have some types of back-up plan. When it comes to batteries, not all batteries are created equal. Some batteries will simply last longer than others. I have a few friends that like to store extra batteries in their refrigerator. I personally find this a bit extreme and silly, but they will swear that their batteries last longer. I don't know if this type of storage truly aids in longer life for the batteries, but I do know this. Life is unexpected and so are electronics. Next time, whether is it having extra batteries or not, I am going to do my best to be better prepared.
Links:
Smart HTTP Error Fixer Pro is professional HTTP error fixer. This program is designed elaborately and is suitable for all computer users. Because it offers an easy-to-use interface. Besides troubleshooting http error, Smart HTTP Error Fixer Pro is also a good computer doctor. It can help you fix computer issues just in a few steps. Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) shows error messages when system configurations go awry. Specifically, error message such as, HTTP 500 Internal Server Error, http 404 error, http 403 error usually happens when an administrator tries to load a file onto the website. And if you get Dll not found error, dll corrupted, or dll lost problem, you can use Smart HTTP Error Fixer Pro to search and download the missing dll to your system.

At present, How to recover photos from sd card is a common topic on some photography forums. Some photographers took pictures and then deleted accidentally. These lost pictures are so important for them, so they have to discover an efficient way to recover the lost digital pictures. But how to retrieve these pictures is a great task for card users. Digital Pictures Recovery Pro can recover missing, deleted or corrupted digital pictures from your SD card or hard disk. With the scanning of selected storage device, it provides the list of all the photos and other multimedia files. Digital Pictures Recovery Pro v2.6 will display an easy way for you to recover the lots photos. SD card photo recovery process will help you get the missing pictures as soon as possible. All in all, Picture Recovery will help you recover lost photos with ease.

Smart Low Virtual Memory Fixer Pro is designed for fixing virtual memory is low error. increase virtual memory Error often occurs in two situations. One reason is that you do not have enough RAM. Another reason is that an application on your computer is buggy and is causing a memory leak. Smart virtual memory low Fixer Pro has many powerful functions such as automatically diagnose and fix hundreds of Windows problems and system errors; easily repair, clean, and optimize Windows registry.

Memory Card Data Recovery,Memory Data Recovery

Antivirus: The Most Dangerous Threat To Computer
Free Satellite TV for PC! - 20 Causes To Get Satellite Television On Your Pc
Android tablets- excellent in every way
How To Be An Attractive Asian Man

没有评论:

发表评论